Thursday, July 14, 2011

Compare and Contrast: Head of States (BN and Pakatan)

I was called upon to write this blog article, after coming across so many comments(mostly emotional and irrational), either in my blog or my facebook.And then, it crossed my mind, maybe if I could help those people, if I could enlighten them, if I could shed some light, I mean with some facts and figures, maybe it would dawn on them, for at least a few minutes, to think rationally. It is indeed an arduous task we can't compare oranges with apples, Pakatan have never gained control of the Federal Government, so the next closest thing, or some times we call the proxy is the head of states, or the Menteri Besars and Chief Ministers.I will divide them into two groups, Blue and Green (chosen hypothetically).The Blue group will consist the head of states from BN (the current coalition) and Green group from the so called opposition or Pakatan Rakyat.:


Blue Group
Green Group
Taib Mahmud (Sarawak)
Nik Aziz (Kelantan)
Idris Jusoh (Selangor)
Hadi Awang (Terengganu)
Khir Toyo Selangor (Selangor)
Lim Guan Eng (Penang)
Shahidan (Perlis)
Azizan (Kedah)
Koh Tsu Koon (Penang)
Khalid Ibrahim (Selangor)




Okay, these are the head of the respective states, at one time or another, now the next step is, you could mix and match, pick any one of the leaders from the Blue Group and compare and contrast with any of the of the leaders in the Green Group, or you could compare the whole group, in one shot, I leave the preference to you. But whatever method you chose, every-time you compare and contrast try asking the questions below:

a)Who is bugged with more scandals
b)Who accumulated more wealth when in power
c)Who is more people friendly
d)Who have suffered because of the rakyat (eg willing to go the extra mile, going to jail, willing to sacrifice own allowances,willing to conduct free classes etc)
e)Who practises down to earth or modest lifestyle (doesn't drive posh cars or live in bungalows or go for trips in first class tickets etc)

And whatever traits that are expected or respected to be anonymous with a leader. I am not going to give any kind of guidance neither am I going to give any expected results.All I am asking is, be honest, be sincere and be rational.......ciao.......a.h.baharom






No comments:

Post a Comment